Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hill training at the Lake

My training plan said that I had to run 4 miles on Tuesday with 4:00 minutes being total uphill time.  This is really hard to do around home, but at the lake I can get a lot of HILL training.  I had to sneak away while the kids were climbing trees and playing chase in the dune buggies.  Molly Duex went with me.  Unfortunately, she can't go running with me at home.  Something about cars, city traffic, not minding when I call her...

My monkeys

Molly's pace is faster than mine!


Santa waving from his golf cart.  I guess he like to recoup at the lake, too!
The area around the lake is rolling hills, so I feel like I got way more than 4:00 minutes of total uphill time.  How actually would you judge that?  Time yourself going up every incline?  I had to cut my run a little short because of the rain.  I had every intention of going back out to finish, but I got caught up playing chase with the four wheeled toys. 

Tomorrow is a one hour run at the perk with the girls.  I've missed them.  I don't push myself hard enough when I run solo.  I guess I need my Garmin to start yelling at me when I drop my pace!  I don't know if any of you read The Hungry Runner Girl but she accidentally ran a marathon plus some the other day.  I can honestly say I don't think that will ever be me.  That girl is a machine.  I need someone like Jillian Michaels yelling at me. 


Note to self:  better get busy with that shake weight to get arms like this!
Are you a self motivator?  Do you train with friends?  I'm sticking to a training plan to help keep me on track.  Do you use a plan?  I'm working on my races for 2011.  I have to register to hold myself accountable.  What are your 2011 goals?

2 comments:

  1. If I didn't have you girls to run with..I'm pretty sure my FUPA would be in full swing. Yall do a pretty dang good job of holding me accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I with Danielle! If I didn't have you girls I would have not ran the RnR! Thanks girls for keeping me motivated and on track! :o)

    ReplyDelete