Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Day Run


My father-in-law cooked a 40 pound turkey!

After opening presents from Santa, we drove out to the country to have Christmas Day with my in-laws.  My mother-in-law really outdid herself with turkey, ham, dressing, gravy, green beans, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, and a assortment of homemade pies.  I chose Mamaw Billie's coconut!  While the boys played with their new nerf guns and the girls enjoyed their American Girl dolls, I went for a run...SOLO. 

His gun came with a tactical vest and four clips.  Nerf bullets everywhere!

Mother-in-law, niece and Maddox (looking tired)
Lucky for me the afternoon warmed up nicely for a four mile run.  I was excited to try out my new red Sony Cybershot that my hubby got me to replace my ghetto Canon Powershot.  It was a great camera, but had been dropped by a 4 year old one too many times.   

Flat, West Texas road surrounded by stripped cotton fields.  Not much of a shoulder to run on, but the module trucks were taking Christmas Day off so I was safe. 

After my run, the adults got to open presents.  While in San Antonio for the RnR, I bought me my mother-in-law bought me a Coach purse at the outlet and I finally got to unwrap it!  She is so great about letting me pick out my own presents, but she always takes them away and makes me wait til Christmas.  I really have the most fabulous in-laws.  Christmas Day is also my father-in-law's birthday.  Poor him, he never really gets much for his birthday.  Hope you and your family enjoyed your Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment