Monday, October 24, 2011

Game On Diet Day 1

Other than a slight headache because of no caffeine, I feel really good today.  Stuffed, in fact.  Five meals a day, eaten every 2-4 hours with 3 gallons liters of water is really filling!  I'm getting all my points today. For my exercise, I took a little run after Shannon got home from his new job as a Lubbock Fire Fighter!  I haven't ran consistently since the spring.  My lungs were not happy with me!  

My Food Critic Report for Today's Menu

The turkey bacon for breakfast wasn't my favorite.  It is a bit salty.  I may try another brand or maybe organic.   I added a little agave nectar to my oatmeal this morning since I like sweet and that turned out pretty good.  My lunch of the crock pot chicken and potatoes was pretty good.  The chicken stock is well worth the 15 points from my free 100.  I'm beginning to enjoy greek yogurt more and more. I think having it with fruit satisfies my sweet tooth pretty good. I decided to do grilled fish and a salad tonight.  The new dressing was a keeper.


Tomorrow, I will be having my Quiche Cups.  This time they feature turkey sausage for extra flavor.  I'm not a big fan of eggs, so I have to put lots of other "stuff" in there.

I think my snacks will probably stay the same most days.  I'm having my grilled chicken salad tomorrow for lunch.  Dinner is still a toss up depending on when we get home.  It may be another salad or a wrap.


Quiche Cup Recipe

10 oz. frozen chopped spinach
1 c. egg substitute
3/4 c. reduced fat shredded cheese...I used little mozzarella and feta this time
1/4 c. diced bell pepper
1/4 c. diced onion
1/2 pound of turkey sausage or ground turkey, browned

Salt and pepper to taste.  You can also add Louisiana hot sauce....but I haven't checked the label to see if it contains sugar.  It may be a no no on this diet. 

Microwave the spinach for about 5 minutes.  Drain and blot dry well.  Mix all ingredients. Line muffin pan with liners.  Spray with nonstick spray.  Fill muffin cups.  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  This made 18, but I didn't fill them all as full as some.  I think I full muffin cup would probably be your protein serving.  We put ours in a large ziploc bag and freeze.  Then we just microwave them in the morning as needed.  You can substitute any vegetables or meat or just do vegetarian quiche.  If they are not a "dry" as you like upon reheating, blot more of the water out of the spinach next time. Enjoy. 

Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes

Saute onion and celery in olive oil.  Poor about 2 cups of chicken broth in the crock pot.  I used organic low sodium.  Cut up four red potatoes into cubes.  Add chicken.  I used frozen boneless skinless chicken tenders that I had from sprouts.  Probably about 1 1/2 pounds? Turned my crock pot on low and let it cook for about 6-8 hours or until the chicken is falling apart.  The chicken broth takes about 15 calories of your free 100 calories for each serving. 

I had mine with steamed broccoli.  It was a very filling lunch. 

Enjoy. My Game is ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment