Friday, January 7, 2011

Fashionista Friday Set the Tone

I picked up a Women's Health Magazine at Sam's Club the other day and I was pretty impressed with the quality of articles!  Since it is Fashionista Friday, I thought I would share with you what they had to say about color and how it affects our mood and the reactions in those around us. 

BLUE = Relaxation
Blue soothes the person wearing it and makes the people around them feel at ease.  Midnight blue hues are great for interviews and turquoise or light blue is a great choice when hosting a party.

RED = Romance
"Red is the sexpot at the rainbow's end."  Men are more attracted to women wearing read because it stimulates them; boosts arousal and makes them want to chase!  Red heads are a step ahead of the rest of us!  Speaking of red heads, go check out Danielle's blog.

PURPLE = Creativity
When you want to feel inspired, put on something purple!  It also said purple is a color that people either love or hate, so when you wear it, you are sending the message that you're a self-assured free thinker.  I LOVE purple!

BLACK = Authority
Wearing black  makes other people perceive you as powerful and competent.  "If you want to take the edge off, choose something with a bit of embellishment," suggests WH

ORANGE = Fun
Wear orange when you want to appear social, friendly, or approachable.  Orange really doesn't work with my complexion, but WH suggests trying a belt or shoes.

GREEN = Happiness
Green puts you and other around you in a good mood due to a connection with nature.  "It instantly brings about feelings of peace and contentment."

So, I've decided that since my new running shoes have ORANGE trim, running will be FUN.  I will continue wearing my BLACK compression sleeves so all will know I'm serious about running.  My PURPLE tempo running shorts will inspire me to run fast.  I've got to go shopping for something GREEN so I will be in a good mood when I run.  After my run, I will change into BLUE so I can relax or maybe RED if it was a really GOOD run!  Now, I know why my husband's favorite color is RED. 

No comments:

Post a Comment