Saturday, January 22, 2011

Casa de la Zant 5K

Today I was suppose to run a 5K race.  I didn't even bother trying to find one in the area.  I'm glad because it is cool and WiNdY on the South Plains today. 

So, that left me with two choices: 
1. run extra tomorrow or
2. run a 5k on the tm at the casa

I chose choice number 2.  Mainly because I was a slacker and didn't run on Thursday morning and Thursday evening was not an option.  My niece and nephew were showing their animals in the county stock show.  Important family business! 

I ran 3.5 miles in 28:31. This is a new PR for me. 

I ran my first 5K in something like 36 minutes two years ago!  A six year old from a local elementary school beat me by 8 minutes!  The crazy thing about that race was that I was as proud of myself that day as I am today.  I hated running in high school.  I only did it because the coach made me if I wanted to play basketball.  It was a big accomplishment for me to run 3 miles at one time. 

Now, I am pumped that I ran three miles at a 8:08 pace and felt good  GREAT!  It must be those beta alanine pills.  Thanks Janae!  If you haven't already, go give Hungry Runner Girl a virtual hug and tell her I am certain the beta alanine are responsible for my new PR.  She is recovering from surgery and being forced to eat ice cream out of the carton. 

Did your Saturday plans include a race?
My virtual 5K on the treddy...now for the afternoon
My stubborn darling little girl is finally getting her swimming / sleepover party today at a local hotel.

1 comment: