Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Multitasking Queen of the Kitchen

Today after work, I made 3,THREE, meals at ONCE!  Here is the amazing part...it took me about an hour to accomplish this amazing feat!

1.  stuffed bell peppers for dinner
2.  Texas Tortilla Soup for tomorrow's dinner
3. stuffed zucchini for next week

How, you ask?  Most of my vegetables were already chopped.  I usually do this on Sundays and bag them in little baggies.  It makes it easy to include them in my salads, omelets and other meals.  Last night, the hubby grilled about 4 pounds of chicken.  I cut it into cubes and saved about 2 pounds for my tortilla soup.

Here is what I did today:

1. Cut off the tops of my bell peppers, cleaned out the insides and put them in a pot of boiling water, reduced heat a simmer for 5 minutes.  Removed and set aside to drain.

2.  Put my ground chicken breast in my saute pan to brown.  I used 1/2 pound of ground chicken breast and 1/2 pound of ground chicken seasoned with Italian Spices.  This what it looks like from Sprouts. 

3. Put all my chopped vegetables in another saute pan with a little EVOO.  I used the same vegetables for all three recipes.  Green bell pepper, red bell pepper, purple onion, celery and carrots

4.   I poured my chicken stock and cut up grilled chicken from the night before in my crock pot and turned it on low. 
Sprouts Organic Chicken Broth..low sodium and only 5 calories a cup! 

5.  Microwaved my brown rice.

6.  Mixed vegetables, brown rice, sauteed chicken breast, and 1 jar of Organic Spaghetti Sauce from Sprouts and filled the peppers.  Put them in the oven and baked them for about 30 minutes at 350.  Topped with a little Italian Blend Reduced fat cheese and Voila!

7.  There was so much of the stuffing left over that I hollowed out some zucchini and stuffed them.  I put them in the freezer for next week.  I think I could have stuffed four more peppers.

8.  I added the rest of the vegetables and spices to my soup.  The soup tastes best when it simmers for several hours and then refrigerates overnight.  I started fixing this soup for Christmas Eve.  Here is pic from then with all the yummy options...avocado, sour cream, and tortilla chips!



My old counter tops...isn't my granite much nicer?!  The peppers were delish.  The hubby had 2.  I ate one and dropped the other on my kitchen floor.  BOO.  There went my plan for lunch tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment